13. apr. 2011

The hunger games by Suzanne Collins

Again a review in English, since I read the book in English...

The hunger games is set in an alternate or futuristic universe where there is no America, there is the capitol that runs things and 12 districts.
Every year the capitol hosts a game called the hunger games where children aged 11-16 fight to the death.
Two children – one boy and one girl from each district is chosen through a lottery.
This year, 14 year old Katniss throws herself into  the games to protect her little sister Prim.

It’s a story of human nature, family, friendship, love and death and it couldn’t be more exciting!
It shows all the good sides and all the bad of a human being, and it makes you question you own humanity.
I never thought a YA book would have such an impact on me, and I never thought a fictional book like this one could be so relatable in my own life.

Knowing this was a trilogy, I started as a skeptic just buying the hunger games and not really thinking this was for me, but after reading 1 chapter I was a believer and I ran out to get catching fire and mocking jay, cause I knew this was something I just had to finish! Can’t wait for more Katniss!

Just a tip: Save it for the weekend, cause you won’t want to stop reading…!

9/10

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...